Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving celebration

Ella is officially on her first holiday break. She has no school the week of Thanksgiving. Luckily, the grandparents are in town to keep her entertained so she doesn't start asking us about when school day is.

On Ella's last day of school, her class had a little Thanksgiving celebration for all the parents. I was so excited about it because after the party in her class, we were going to join all the kids upstairs in the music room to sing songs. I was envisioning this adorable scene of children jumping around and dancing like turkeys. I charged up the video recorder and thought it was going to be the perfect video post on here because it was going to ooze cuteness. Well, I am sure you have noticed that there is no video. I'll get to that in a minute.



Anyway, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving feast of apple juice, pumpkin bread, and bugles - just like what the Pilgrims ate! The kids then went around the room and had to say what they were thankful for. Ella stated that she was thankful for her mommy, her doggie, and cereal. I think the mommy comment was an afterthought since the girl before her had said that. Also, the placemat she was eating off of was a give away - "Ella is thankful for her doggie" and on the bulletin board "Ella is thankful for cereal."

Then the time had come for us to go upstairs for the singing celebration. So, we get in the room and sit in a circle and the children gathered around their music teacher. And what does Ella do? Well it looked something like this;


Yep, that's pretty much what she did the entire time all of the other kids were singing Thanksgiving songs. So, I have a 10 minute video of Ella just standing there with her hand in her mouth. She would occasional come back to stand by me. She did get a little exciting when they started to sing the last song, 10 Little Indians. I know she's a little shy when she is around a lot of people and that's all that it was. I guess I will just look forward to next year and maybe she'll be ready to dance and sing by then.


No comments: