Sunday, May 30, 2010

Catch-up

Well, I thought that this was going to be the month where I blogged all the time.  Ha!  That didn't happen!  So, here I am the last day of the month, sitting on the couch and watching The Bachlorette and trying to cram in 2 weeks worth of what's been going on in one post.  I thought a photo recap of the past two weeks was the only way I could go about getting everything that I had hoped to write about these past two weeks.

The girls helping Chris prepare mashed potatoes.  Every opportunity that we have to get the girls in the kitchen to help us out, we are all about it.  Chris and I both agree that it's important for them to be comfortable in the kitchen and to learn how food is prepared.  They really do love it.  Keep in mind that they are 3 and 23 months old so they won't be able to hang in the kitchen for the whole process of baking some cookies.  Yesterday they helped Chris make apple crumble.  We actually called it apple pie.  Maddie has been going crazy over apple pie.  She's never had it or seen one before but about two weeks ago whenever you asked her what she was making in her kitchen or what she was going to pick up at Costco, her reply would always be "apple pie."  So, Chris made her some pie.  

This was Ella on her last day of preschool.  Tomorrow it will be two weeks since she has been on summer break.  So far, we are all handling it fairly well.  There's been a couple more uses of the time-out spot but we're managing.  We're looking forward to swim classes in a couple of weeks and hopefully spending some days at the zoo.

When Chris saw this picture of Maddie, he said, " That's my gungy."  And he's right, this face is so her.  She's such a little ham.  T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

This is Ella and Maddie's cousin, Ruby.  They LOVE her!  Seriously, Ella talks about her all the time and tells us that one day she's going to be a big girl like Ruby.  Ruby is four.  My brother and his family are in the process of moving to Montgomery, AL and we couldn't be more excited.  This will probably be one of the only times that they will ever live this close, so we plan on taking full advantage of it and seeing them quite often.  I am sure they will be sick of us by next summer and ready to move on to their next location!  It's so cute seeing all of them play together.  It will be great for the girls to live close to one of their cousins and see her on a pretty regular basis.

 

Maddie, fast asleep on my parents bed.  Her first time taking a nap on a big bed.  I had put Ella and Maddie down for a nap at my parents house.  They just started to share the same room at their house.  Ella sleeps in a twin bed and Maddie in the pack-n-play.  I went upstairs to check on them to find Maddie out of the pack-n-play, running around the room naked.  So, no more pack-n-play.  Let's hope she doesn't figure out how to climb out of her crib any time soon.  I don't know what we are going to do if that happens!



Sweet girls.

This is what Ella was doing yesterday while Chris and I were busy packing up some things in the house.  She thought Cooper need to be tucked in as well.  



This is what Maddie was up to while Chris and I were cleaning up the kitchen.  This girl loves her winter hats.



23 months old today.



Ella doing one of her "cool tricks"

And that's the 2 week catch up!  Maybe June will be my month were I actually follow through with blogging on a regular basis.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photo review was great.

Anonymous said...

The photo review was great.