Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Acceptance letter

I have a feeling that this is going to be a long one since I have a lot to talk about...

First off and probably the most exciting, is that Ella got accepted to the preschool that I liked the best! We got the acceptance letter in the mail on Saturday. I guess I should rewind a little bit. We know that Ella needs a little bit more interaction around kids her own age and decided to put Ella in preschool starting next fall. So, we started to look at some preschools that were close to us and we just stumbled upon the fact that it was open enrollment for next fall. Good thing we started looking when we did because I had no idea how competitive and difficult it can be to just get into preschool! So, she got accepted and I am so excited! It seems like such a great place and I know she is really going to love it there.

So, we've all been sick here for the past couple of days. It's really just been Maddie and me. Nothing major just stuffy noses and stuff. Ella has been very observant as we have had to use the snot sucker (I am sure there is another word for it but that's what Chris and I call it) to clear about Maddie's nose. Ella always has to chime in with, "Baby has boogers." The other day I captured these moments...




Apparently the baby dolls are also sick. I am always curious as to what Chris does with the girls when I go out for a little bit. I know he's great with them but I just like knowing what they do while I am away. The other day, Chris informed me while I was gone that he turned on some dance/techno music and him and the girls danced around the living room. I wish I could have been there to see that but I will settle for this attempt at a reenactment.


And this one just because it's so sweet.



Finally, we went out to dinner last Friday at Chick-fil-A. Okay, there weren't many places open at a quarter till five so this was the best choice. They really do have the best kids meal out there. Your child can get chicken nuggets, a cup of fresh fruit, and lemonade or apple juice. Believe me - it's the best. We were pretty happy that Ella ate three of her six chicken nuggets. She's not a big meat person, unless it's a hot dog and I don't really consider that meat. She loves her fruit and veggies. After, inhaling her fruit, we decided we would all share a milkshake. Ella would let us each of us know when it was our turn to take a sip by announcing "Ella's turn!", "Daddy's turn!", "Mommy's turn!" After Ella took the last sip she said, "Big milk."


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on the acceptance letter! Yay! Tell the baby dolls I hope they feel better soon. Your girls are so cute. :)

kathryn said...

Thanks, Lisa!

Monet599 said...

Congrats on the acceptance! It's like college so you'll go through this twice in her life :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathryn! I found your blog through Lauren's...isn't it nice to have a place to record and share all your big and little news? I know preschool can be such a big deal...we're stressing over kindergarten - can we get into a good public school, stay where she is, find a compromise where we wouldn't have to spend more than we both did on our college...it never ends. Your girls are super cute!