Tuesday, February 24, 2009

She likes to move it, move it!

Ella's new favorite phrase is "move it." I am pretty sure that she picked this up from me. As we were heading out one day and walking down the stairs, I said, "Come on Ella, let's move it." It's amazing that she only had to hear this one time and now it's a phrase we hear way too often. Usually the phrase is aimed at Cooper. We'll occasionally hear a "Move it, Daddy" or "Move it, Mommy" but Cooper definitely gets the majority of the "Move its."

I feel like I've been talking a lot about Ella and little Maddie hasn't had much love on here. I can't believe that she is almost 8 months old. She has turned into a great sleeper! I didn't think that would ever happen after having such a rocky start. But now she is a sleeping pro. She's usually in bed between 6:30 pm and 7:00 pm and sleeps until 7:30 am or sometimes even 8:00 am! Plus she gets about 3 hours of sleep between her two naps. It's awesome! She is such an eater too. Ella was picky sometimes but Maddie loves her food. I know she would eat more if I had more to give her.

I think she's really close to crawling. Right now she pretty much just rolling where she needs to go. That girl can roll! Like this -

And she's using her feet to push off the ground and inch along the floor. Like this -

Today I saw her pull her knees in under her for the first time too. So, it's not going to be long now before she mobile and all over the place. I can't wait to see Ella's reaction when Maddie starts to crawl.

Finally, this is what Chris and I call "The turtle."


2 comments:

Monet599 said...

Maddie, the imaginary baby... :D

kathryn said...

You can only see her through pictures, Genie.:)