Monday, October 5, 2009

The artist

One of my favorite things about picking Ella up from school is seeing what little art project she will have in her backpack that day. I try to wait until I get home to open up her backpack but since I have to sit through a couple of lights trying to get out of Decatur, I never seem to make it past the second light before the backpack is open. As most people know, I am not a very patient person so the fact that I can make it to the second light is pretty impressive. I love to hear Ella get all excited as I pull her pictures out of the backpack. She is so proud of them as she holds and admires her artwork.
Here are a couple of pictures of her favorite project she brought home from last week when her class discussed pond life.


Finally, I went into the kitchen the other day to check on lunch and came back to find Maddie had done this....


1 comment:

chris said...

that's my girl! Maddie looks like she's saying "What?"