Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Happy Birthday to the most amazing and wonderful man that I know - my husband!
I think one of the hardest parts about Chris being gone during the week for work, is that we miss out on a lot of special days as a family. And today is one of those days. It just doesn't feel right that he is away from his family on his special day. Birthdays were always a pretty big deal at my house growing up. My mom would always make our birthdays really special. Actually, she still does and I'm 33 years old! I hope I can do as good of a job at creating those birthday memories for my girls as my mom did for my brother and I. So, I guess that's why it's a little hard for me when we aren't all together on a special day.
At least Skype was there to help save the day and to help up all be together via the internet. The girls were able to talk to their daddy and sing Happy Birthday to him. Ella and I have been singing Happy Birthday for the past couple of days in the hopes that Maddie would pick it up. She did pretty well. She definitely had the "happy birthday" part down. I think they were just excited to see daddy on the computer.

Chris and the girls planted flowers around our one little tree this weekend. The girls had a blast! They even picked out the flowers. Can you guess which color Ella picked? Her favorite color, purple.
Happy Birthday, Chris! All of your girls love and miss you!

No comments: