Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mom's Night

A couple of weeks ago, it was my turn to go with Ella to school for Mom's Night.  Like Chris, I too was looking forward to spending some one on one time with Ella.  It's hard when you have two little ones running around to give them each some special attention.  So, I was really looking forward to our night.



We first went to one of Ella's favorite dining spots, Chick-A-Lay.  That's always a crowd pleaser at our house.  If Ella was picking where we would eat,  it would either be the Chick or the fish restaurant (that's Six Feet Under for those of you familiar with it in Atlanta).  

After finishing up our chicken nuggets and lemonade, we headed on over to the school.  We had a really fun night.  We went to her music class and sang some songs and then headed back to her class and painted a butterfly.  Ella loves to paint.  She brings home a painting every day from school.  Her teachers  told me that she loves to paint and do puzzles.  They also were telling me how much Ella has really come out of her shell the past couple of months.  It's so funny that she brought that up because Chris and I have really noticed a difference in Ella this past month or so as well.  All of a sudden, she's become this chatty little girl.  I mean she's always been very comfortable around the people she knows but now she's starting to be a little more friendly to everyone.  She'll say hi to just about anyone.  It's really been a great thing to see her personality really start to bloom.  

Back to school night,  her teachers did the same thing that they had done for Father's night and asked all the kids questions about their moms.  Here are Ella's answers to the questions.

1.  What is your mom's favorite color?

Ella's answer:  Pink

2.  What is your mom's favorite food?

Ella's answer:  Sandwiches

3.  What game do you like to play with your mom?

Ella's answer:  Jumping Jacks

4.  Why do you love your mommy?

Ella's answer:  I love my mommy because I love her

5.  What is your mommy's job?

Ella's answer: Doing the laundry


That last answer cracked me up!   We do a lot of laundry around here and Ella and Maddie are always my helpers.  

1 comment:

lauren said...

holy bananas, this made me laugh out loud. ella is hilarious!!!!

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
met gala review: the good, bad, and hot messes.